Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Journey of happiness

Present :  The last few days has been good, first i recevied a call from Mitheran's transport lady commenting on his good behavior.  Mitheran has problem about personal space, he doesn't move away if someone approaching, he just bangs on them.  So, the transport lady, kind of complained, that Mitheran bangs on her every time he gets down.  Last Saturday we went shopping, normally i would go alone for groceries shopping.  this time i took mitheran with me because my daughter wanted to go state library with her friends.  We actually had a good time, he was calm and choose most of the groceries.  he picked the apples he wanted and bagged them, never moved far away from me.  After that he towed the shopping trolley all the way back home, its quite a walk from our apartment to Coles.  I needed a printer for my school work, so decided to get one and I know Mitheran would love to have one too.  He loves printing his favourite characters and now he is on to the Legend Of the Guardians.  The moment I fixed it, he started printing and I have to give him limitations up to 4 copies only, to my surprise he maintained it.  I helped him to stick it on the wall, it actually looks nice. 

Past :  When Mitheran was from 3 after he was diagnosed, I started to take him to public places every weekend.  Mostly to crowded shopping areas and playground.  I even tried taking him to movies, which he would only last for about 15 minutes or until the food runs out.  After that he will start becoming hyper again, rolling on the floor, jumping on the chair or even trying to jump behind the chair.  after that I have to remove him from the scene.  Normally I would take my helper with me and would choose the mall that has a playground.  All four of us, myself, mitheran, my daughter and my helper, would go to theatre when there is a nice cartoon playing.  I never gave up, every cartoon we would be there and when he starts his act, I would remove him and bring him to the playground, where my helper would keep an eye on him so that my daughter still gets to enjoy the movie without disturbance. Finally the breakthrough came where he actually sat an watched a movie at the age of 6 for Finding Nemo.  I actually cried on that day, tears of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment